Sovereign Wealth Funds Forum, 24th February 2009, London
Financial News/Dow Jones Events in collaboration with Oxford Analytica are organising a unique one-day event which will provide a platform for an enlightening debate about Sovereign Wealth Funds, their investment strategies, role in the global economy, and regulatory and legal repercussions. It will also seek to establish their role, if any, in stabilising the effects of the credit crunch.
While SWFs have existed for decades, attention has been drawn to them in recent years as a result of the steep rises in official currency reserves held by many of the major exporters of commodities and manufactures, and the potential for more of these reserves to be channelled into SWFs. Many of the major SWFs are also held by states that have increased in geo-strategic importance.
This forum aims to separate the media buzz that has surrounded SWFs in recent times from their real relevance in the global economy and financial markets.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Understanding the Sovereign Wealth Fund landscape
- The importance of the IMF’s ‘Santiago Principles’
- Sizes and locations of key SWFs
- The case for SWFs
- SWFs and the Western financial system
- How open is the West?
- SWFs structure and fuctioning
- What next for SWFs?
Take the opportunity to hear and discuss with renowned speakers:
- Shuilin Wang, Managing Director & Head of Public Relations and International Cooperation Department, China Investment Corporation (CIC)
- Mark Fung, General Counsel, China-Africa Development Fund
- Udaibir Das, Assistant Director, Sovereign Asset and Liability Management Division, IMF
- Kevin Lu, Director and Chief Financial Officer, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, World Bank Group
- Rod Matheson, Assistant Deputy Minister, Treasury and Risk Management, Alberta Finance and Enterprise
- Charles Blitzer, Assistant Director, Monetary and Capital Markets Department, IMF
- Ted Truman, Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Donghyun Park, Senior Economist, Asia Development Bank
- Gerard Lyons, Chief Economist, Standard Chartered
- Andrew Rozanov, Managing Director, Head of Sovereign Advisory, State Street Global Markets
- Alastair Newton, Senior Political Analyst, Nomura International
- Gordon Clark, Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography, University of Oxford
- Robert Stein, Senior Advisor, Hawkpoint/Collins Stewart
- Dr Charles Okeahalam, Managing Director, AGH Capital & Non Executive Director, BGL plc.
This is one event not to be missed if you have any interest in this area.
Conference price is £749 +VAT, limited places available so book today.
For more information and media partnership contact Cordelia Ekeocha on 020 7309 7705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship and speaking opportunities, contact Ifeoma Bosah on 020 7426 3346 or email email@example.com.