An international Bond denominated in a Currency not native to the country in which it is issued.
The Eurobond market is an important source of capital for multinational companies and foreign governments, including third world governm2ents.
Contrary to domestic and foreign bonds, Euro bonds are not subject to the regulatory jurisdiction of any one country. Some of their key features are:
1. They can be issued in any major Currency
2. They are issued outside the country in whose Currency
3. they are can be bought by investors in any country
4. They can be issued at any time to take advantage of market conditions
5. They can be structured in any way to satisfy the special requirements of investors or issuers
6. They are unregistered or bearer securities and hence Offer the investor anonymity.
IQPC Worldwide Pte